How to Fix Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105
Updated On December 15, 2022 | by Manpreet Kaur Sandhu
The Windows update error code 0x8024a105 usually occurs when you try to update your Windows operating system. While running the update, you will come across the below-given error:
“There were problems downloading some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: (0x8024a105).”
It occurs whenever you run Windows Update on your device. Ironically, this code cannot be found in the list of error codes. But this error is related to automatic updates of your operating system.
Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105:
On seeing this error-code message one can try the below-given troubleshooting tricks:
You may be suggested with a number of recovery methods, but there are very low chances that any of those will work. You can simply try rebooting the system. Also, switching your internet connection from wired to Wi-Fi can help.
So, let’s discuss the advanced and effective ways that can help you fix the Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105:
Solution 1: Reboot the system:
As we have discussed above, rebooting is the most straightforward yet effective way to fix the error code 0x8024a105.
So, from the Shutdown menu, select “reboot”.
Now, run the Windows update again.
Solution 2: Switch the internet connection:
When you are done rebooting the system, but the error is still there, you must check your internet connection. You can also switch your internet connection from wired one to Wi-Fi and vice-versa.
After switching the connection, repeat the attempt of the Window update.
Solution 3: Run Windows Update troubleshooter:
The troubleshooter can fix the issues with your Windows 10 along with error code 0x8024a105. So to run the troubleshooter you need to:
- Open the search bar and search for the Windows update settings.
- Now, look under the Troubleshoot section and select the “run the troubleshooter” option.
- The troubleshooter will do its job by fixing the nicks of your system.
Solution 4: Reset software distribution folder
The software distribution folder can cause the issue with Windows update and reset it to fix the 0x8024a105 error. To reset it, follow the steps:
- Open the Command Prompt and run it as administrator.
- Now, In the command prompt write:
“net stop bits”
“net stop wuauserv”
- Look for the Software distribution folder and then open the “Run” command using Windows+R key and type: C:/Windows/SoftwareDistribution.
- After finding the Software Distribution folder, delete it.
- Again open the Command Prompt and type:
“net start bits”
“net start wuauserv”
- Restart your system and start the Windows update session again.
These methods are tried and tested to fix the “Windows 10 Update Error Code 0x8024a105”.
Solution 5: Perform a Clean Boot to Fix Update Error
- Press the Windows key + R keys together and open the Run dialog box.
- Then, type “msconfig” and tap on “Enter”.
- Now, you will the System Configuration menu on the screen
- Open the Services tab and check the option of “Hide all Microsoft services”. and then Then, click “Disable all”
- Now, open the Startup Tab and the select Open Task Manager
- Now, choose all the startup items one-by-one and then select Disable.
- Close the Task Manager.
- Again, perform the first four steps and reboot your system.