Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2395DW Review
Updated On October 19, 2023 | by Olivia Smith
As noted by many Amazon reviews, the Brother HL-L2395DW is considered one of the best all-in-one laser printers due to its simple and easy Wi-Fi setup, all-around reliable quality, and speedy print times.
It has sped up to 36ppm, and although it’s a fast speed as compared to most inkjet printers, the printer could provide faster copies with an automatic document feeder.
Considering its paper handling capacity, the HL-L2395DW has a 250-sheet main tray and a 1-sheet multipurpose feeder.
Its auto-duplexer function, for printing on both sides of a sheet of paper, comes standard.
The maximum, 15000 pages unit monthly duty cycles of the printer make it suitable for light-duty use in homes or micro offices.
The HL-L2395DW printer also has a good set of connectivity choices. It connects to a PC via a USB cable, to a local network through Ethernet/ Wi-Fi, or to a compatible device via Wi-Fi Direct.
Features and Specifications of Brother HL-L2395DW Printer
Here, we are going to discuss numerous features and specifications of this model of Brother Printer on the basis of its design, print quality, scan, copy, and general.
The small display with a 2.7-inch color touch LCD is a touchscreen, but its numeric keypad and a few manual buttons make it easy to control the printer’s all-in-one functions.
According to HP, this model is a bit more compact than previous iterations, but it’s certainly not the smallest on this list. With 10.7(H) x 16.1(W) x 15.7 (H) inches and weighing 22 pounds, it is light enough to carry but slightly large enough that you may be required to put it on a table/bench of its own.
Also, the color display is relatively small with some icons that may be difficult to click, but it is functional.
Various print quality and related features of the device are as follows:
- The output quality for the HL-L2395DW is above average.
- Graphics & text quality is above par, except perhaps for ones requiring tiny fonts.
- It prints thin lines well, and the backgrounds were also blessedly free of banding.
- Its graphics are also good enough for business use.
- But photo quality is a bit below, as there was often a slight loss of detail in bright areas.
- Automatic duplex printing feature is available.
- The input tray has a holding capacity of 250 sheets, while the output tray has a holding capacity of 100 sheets at a time.
- The printer has two languages and emulations: PCL 6 and BR-Script3, which supports PostScript 3.
Scanning-related qualities of the printer are given under:
- A flatbed of size 8.5 x 11.7” is available to scan the documents.
- It provides highly detailed imagery with an optical resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi that can be interpolated up to 19200 x 19200 dpi.
- Scan to email, and mobile functions feature is available with Brother Cloud apps.
- File, image, email, OCR, FTP, Microsoft SharePoint, or the cloud via Web Connect can be scanned.
Several specifications related to copy are stated below:
- Copied can be prepared at 600 x 600 dpi resolutions.
- The machine can copy at a speed of up to 36 pages per minute.
- Several copy options are available like sorting, N-in-1, multi-copying up to 99, and ID copy.
- The first page out time of the printer is up to 9 seconds.
Some general features of the printer include the following:
- It has compatibility with Apple AirPrint, Brother iPrint&Scan, Ethernet, NFC, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, and Wi-Fi Direct.
- USB 2.0 and Ethernet connections are available for wired setups, while Wi-Fi can be used for the wireless connection to mobile and other networks.
- The device has a duty cycle of 15,000 pages/month (recommended volume is 2000 pages/month).
Pros and Cons of Brother Compact HL-L2395DW Printer
Various positives and negatives of the printer are given below to provide you with a clearer picture:
|Text and graphics quality is good.||Photos printing quality is not up to the mark.|
|Provides Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and USB connectivity.||No ADF|
|Includes Nuance PaperPort software.||Does not have the fax capability.|
|Automatic two-sided printing feature is available.|
Alternatives to Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2395DW
In case, you are not satisfied with the features of Brother Compact HL-L2395DW Printer, you can try out some of its top alternatives:
- Samsung Xpress C1810W Color Laser Printer
- HP DeskJet 3755 Compact Wireless Printer
- HP LaserJet Pro M15w Laser Printer
- Canon TS9120 Wireless Printer
- HP Officejet Pro 9015 Printer
All these printers come up with different features, range, and pros & cons. It is advised to check all the details carefully before buying the one.
There are several amazing printers available in the market for home and office use, but choosing the best one from them is such a difficult task. Brother Compact Monochrome Laser Printer, HL-L2395DW is a nice choice with above-par text and graphics printing, good paper handling, a wide range of device compatibility, and low running cost in a budget mono laser. This all makes it a great choice for home and office purposes.