Steps to Activate Twitch TV on PlayStation, Xbox, Roku & Amazon Fire Stick
Updated On September 4, 2023 | by Gaurav Kumar
Want to know how to activate your Twitch account by visiting twitch.tv/activate? Well, you have landed in the right place, but before that, let’s have a brief intro to the Twitch app.
Twitch is a well-known live streaming service designed specifically for gaming content. The platform’s key feature is that it allows game players to interact and share material with others, which lets them stay up to date with gaming trends.
Twitch’s appealing feature is that it is extensively compatible with several different devices and platforms; nonetheless, one must manually activate their Twitch account in order to use it.
So, in order to know how to activate your Twitch account by using https://www.twitch.tv/activate on various devices, jump into the article below.
How to Activate Your Twitch Account on Various Devices?
The steps to do the Twitch.tv activate by visiting the https //www.twitch.tv activate page is slightly different for each device on which you want to use it. Given below are the instructions to do the same on some of the popular devices:
To activate your Twitch account on a PlayStation system, you first need to go to the PlayStation Store and download the Twitch App. Once you have that you need to log into your Twitch Account on a separate device, like a mobile phone or PC, by going to the www.twtchtv/activate page. After this is done, follow these steps to enable Twitch TV on PlayStation:
- Navigate to the PlayStation Store using your PlayStation system.
- Search the Twitch App and install the same from the app page.
- Once installed, launch the Twitch App and sign in to your Twitch account with your login information.
- A six-digit code will now appear on your screen. This will be your activation code; keep it safe or note it down since you will need it in the following stage.
- Open your normal browser on a different device and navigate to www twitch.tv/activate page.
- Sign in to your Twitch account and input the six-digit code you see on the Twitch App on the console.
- Click the Activate button. Your Twitch TV account has now been added to your PlayStation system. You may now view and stream videos on your PlayStation using the Twitch App.
Note: The methods outlined above are applicable to all PlayStation editions, including the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, etc.
The steps to activate Twitch TV on your smartphone are given below:
- On your device, install the Twitch TV app from the Google Play store or Apple App Store.
- Once the app is downloaded, open it and sign into your Twitch TV account using your login credentials.
- On the following screen, you will see a six-digit activation code that you need to copy or take note of.
- Now, open the browser and go to the www twitch.tv/activate page.
- Sign into your account once again using your credentials and enter the copied code.
- Finally, click on the Activate button.
Activating your Twitch TV app on an Xbox system is more or less similar to doing it on a PlayStation. You must have an active Twitch account as well as another device to enter the https www twitch tv activate Xbox code.
Further, the instructions given below are also applicable to many Xbox editions, such as the Xbox Series S, Xbox One, Series X, and others.
To use the https www twitch tv activate Xbox to enable Twitch TV on Xbox, do the following:
- Go to the Microsoft Store by opening your Xbox console.
- In the Microsoft Store search bar, type Twitch and search for it. Once you reach the app’s page, install it by clicking on the Install button.
- Now, launch the Twitch app and log into your account using your Twitch username and password.
- While signing in to your account, you will receive your Xbox activation code. Take note of it since you will need it in the next stage of the process.
- Now, open the browser on another device and navigate to https //twitch.tv/activate, then sign in to your Twitch account.
- Enter the six-digit activation code that you retrieved from the Twitch App on your Xbox.
- Finally, click on the Activate button.
With this done, Twitch TV has been enabled on your Xbox. You will be able to watch and stream Twitch videos on your Xbox now.
In order to do the www.twitch/activate on your Roku device, you need to download the Twitch app on it. Once you have that, follow the steps given below to activate it:
- Turn on your Roku device and use its remote to press the Home icon.
- Next, you need to search and download the Twitch app on your Roku device.
- Then, go to the menu and select the Add Channel option for the Twitch app to add it to your device.
- After that, open the Twitch app again. Log into your account with your credentials. This will take you to the screen containing the activation code. Take a note of that code.
- Now, go to the twitch.tv.activate page on your phone or PC and sign in to your account using your Twitch TV account credentials.
- Finally, you will see the screen to enter the code and press the Activate button. And, your Twitch account will be activated on Roku, and you can now enjoy playing and watching Twitch TV on Roku and know the positive aspects of playing online games.
Amazon’s Fire Stick is a fantastic gadget that gives a beautiful watching experience on Twitch. To use it, you must first activate Twitch TV on your Amazon Firestick. Follow the steps outlined below to Twitch activate TV on Amazon Firestick.
- Connect the Firestick to your TV and turn it on.
- Search for the Twitch App on your TV’s app store.
- Then, click on the Download option to download the Twitch app to your device.
- Once installed, open the Twitch app by pressing the Open button. Then, sign in to your Twitch account with the appropriate credentials.
- During the login process, you will be taken to the page where you will see the activation code. Copy the unique activation code.
- Using a browser on any other device, navigate to the Twitch activation page, https twitch tv activate.
- Log in with your account details once more, input the code on the visible screen, and simply hit the Activate button.
After that, you will be able to easily access Twitch TV with Amazon Firestick.
How to Create an Account on Twitch?
If you do not have an account on Twitch, obviously, you won’t be able to activate it. So, if you want to go to the twitch/activate page to activate your account, you need to have one first. Given below are the steps by which you can create your account on Twitch:
- On your phone, open the App Store for iPhone or Play Store for Android.
- Type Twitch in the search bar and search.
- This will take you to the Twitch app installation page, where you have to tap on the Install button to start the Twitch app downloading.
- Once the app is installed, open it and tap on the Sign Up button on the home screen.
- Next, you need to fill in your phone number or email address. Then, create your account’s username and password, and provide your Date of Birth.
- After you have filled in all the information, tap on the Sign Up button again.
- Thereafter, you will get an activation code on the provided email address or phone number, which you have to enter on the visible screen.
With this done, you now have your Twitch account opened, and you can visit the https www twitch tv activate page to activate it. The steps for the same are given further.
- On your computer, open the browser and go to the Twitch TV webpage.
- Upon reaching the given link, click on the Sign Up button present in the top right corner of the screen.
- Next, sign up form will appear in front of you, where you have to provide the information given below:
- Confirm Password
- Date of Birth
- Phone Number/Email Address
- After you have filled in all the required info click on the Sign Up button at the bottom of the form.
- Then, a six-digit activation code will be sent to the provided phone number or email address for verification. Enter the code in the window visible on the screen.
After the successful verification, you will now have your Twitch account, a step towards becoming an ultimate gamer!
I am assuming that the following procedures resulted in the effective creation of your Twitch account. You can now continue with the ‘Twitch TV activate’ procedure on multiple devices. The procedure may differ significantly depending on device compatibility. Thus, follow the instructions below to activate your Twitch account on PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, and Amazon Fire Stick.
Troubleshooting Twitch TV Activation
If you are facing issues in activating your Twitch account, then here are a few tips that you can employ to resolve them:
- First, you need to ensure that you are following the correct steps, as stated above, to activate your Twitch account. This also includes double-checking the login information you are filling in. Make sure that the username and password you are entering are correct.
- If the above solution didn’t solve the issue, then try clearing your browser cache. Corrupted cache files often pose difficulties while surfing the internet. So, go to your browser settings and clear all cookies and cache files.
- As a final resort to solving the Twitch account activation issue, try logging out and then logging into your account. This could help end the previous login session, which might have incomplete processes running in the background. Additionally, you can try changing your password and activating your account.
Features of Twitch
Now that you have learned the steps to activate Twitch TV on twitch.tv/activate, let’s look at some of its features, which are the reason for its popularity among users:
- The platform’s interactive user interface links individuals all over the world, creating an arena for players to better understand and learn.
- It broadcasts a variety of e-sports contests.
- Because of its compatibility, users are able to access it across numerous devices.
- Its live broadcasting function makes it easily distinguishable from other OTT services.
- Additional features such as live chat, personal gaming broadcasts, and many more keep the application exciting.
Though you will be able to make an account and activate a Twitch account on https //www.twitch.tv/activate for free, certain special features, on the other hand, need a membership subscription. Still, the first step is to register an account on Twitch TV and then use these credentials to do Twitch activate account on numerous devices.
If you did not previously make a Twitch account, you are required to first sign up for it, and then only you can go to https://www.twitch.tv/activate to activate your account. There are quite a few ways to do that, which are given above. After that, you can proceed to www.twitch.tv/activate, in order to complete your account activation, for which you can follow the steps in the article above for your respective device.
Twitch is a great app where you can stream and interact with other people. In the very long list of features that it offers, the fact that you can use it on numerous devices adds more golden points to it. In order to use Twitch, you need to have its account first, which you can easily create using your phone or computer by going to its website.
Once you have an account, you will be able to activate it on any device, including the PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, or Amazon Firestick. The steps to make an account and then, to activate it are all given above in the article.
And, with that said, the article ends here. I hope it was insightful and that you are now able to activate your Twitch account on your device!