The Art of Casino Game Development: Important Considerations Techies Keep in Mind
Updated On March 1, 2023 | by Manpreet Kaur Sandhu
Online casino games are a dime a dozen these days, with new releases popping up on a regular basis. This is great news for gamblers, as it means there’s always something new and exciting to play. However, have you ever stopped to consider what goes into the development phase? The process is much more complex than many people realize, and it takes a lot of time, effort, and skill to create a successful online casino game.
Fun as the end product may be for players, there’s a lot of planning and a lot of technicalities when it comes to the complexity of game development. Of course, this is something the majority of free spins no deposit casinos factor in, otherwise, it wouldn’t be such a profitable sector if games were created haphazardly.
Let’s take a closer look at the process of developing an online casino game. From the initial concept to the final deployment, we will explain each step in detail and give you an idea of the time, effort, and skill that goes into creating a game that people will want to play. Whether you are a gamer, a developer, or just curious about the process, read on:
The Four Main Steps Behind Creating a Casino Game
Creating a casino game is a big deal and requires lots of different skills and attention to detail. There are 4 main parts to it: pre-prod, production, testing, and deployment. Each part is super important to make sure the final game is awesome and meets everyone’s expectations.
Also Read:- What is the Role of Art for Mobile Games?
In pre-prod, developers figure out what the game is going to be like and make a plan. During production, they build the game based on the plan. Testing is when the techies check the game to make sure it doesn’t have any problems. Finally, in deployment, the developers release the game to everyone. Doing these parts right is key to making a really cool, smooth, and fun game.
We will now break it down in steps for you to understand the process in a bit more detail:
• Brainstorming: The dev comes up with an idea for a new cool game and creates a design doc.
• Prototype: The team develops a small version of the game to show it off and test it.
• Engine pick: The dev selects a program, like Unity or Unreal Engine, to build the game.
• Art: The design team makes all the cool graphics, like characters and backgrounds. This is often the most fun part of the game development process.
• Coding: The dev writes all the code to make the game work.
• Internal check: The dev tests the game to make sure it’s working and that there are no bugs. The game will be tested on multiple platforms and mobile devices.
• Beta testers: People test the game and give feedback to make it better. This is considered the most important stage because often developers miss things that are important to players, and which can drastically improve UX.
• Legal stuff: The compliance team checks to make sure the game follows the rules and regulations in the markets into which it will be released.
• Release: The game goes live on the app store or online casino. Exciting times!
• Advertising: The marketing team puts a strategy in place to announce the game release.
• Fixing and adding: The game gets updates to fix problems and add new elements based on initial player feedback.
Other Aspects That Developers Must Take into Consideration
To make sure video games are fair, developers use special tools to randomly generate numbers. This helps prevent cheating and makes sure that the game is determined by luck and skill. These tools are called random number generators. By using these tools and making sure the game is fair, developers can keep players interested and confident in the game.
Another important aspect is having a user-friendly interface that is easy for players to use. The design should be simple and easy to understand. This means clear and simple buttons and a layout that makes it easy for players to find what they need. Additionally, casino game developers must also take into account the user interface of the game and make sure it can be played well on all types of devices.
Developers of online casino games must also ensure that players’ personal and financial information is protected and secure. This includes using encryption technology to protect sensitive information during internet transmission, implementing security measures such as two-factor authentication, and partnering with trusted payment gateways.