Investing Made Simple: The Ultimate Tech Guide for Beginners

tech guide for beginner investors
Feb 26, 2024 Reading time : 4 min

As an active investor who started investing in his early days, I would suggest you start with mutual funds.

Mutual funds are best for beginners because of their various features like instant diversification, easy management, higher profits, and tax efficiency. But still, we will be providing you with a comprehensive guide for all investment options.

In this article, we will discuss the steps for beginners like deciding how much to invest, choosing an investment platform like, and knowing about different investment options.

Start Investing Early 

Taking a step ahead and investing at an early age can be the best choice for youngsters to make huge amounts of money. 

Investing in small amounts is also available with exchange-traded funds, mutual funds, and index funds. You will be getting a huge interest in both your principal as well as the interest. For example, you invest $100 in a mutual fund every year with a 15% interest rate. You will be getting

YearsInvestment (in $)
1100 + 15 =115
2115 + 17.5 = 132.5
3132.5 + 19.2 = 152.3
5152.3 + 22.8 = 175.1

Choosing platforms like can be very beneficial If you are a beginner in investing. These platforms provide various features like a user-friendly interface, security, free sign-up, and education resources.

Decide How Much You Can Afford to Invest

The amount you can invest solely depends on your investment goals and financial situation. Don’t worry if your funds are less, it’s just the beginning. 

If that’s the case, mutual funds are the best choice. The minimum investment amount for individuals is $1000 – $3000, whereas for institutional investors it is $1 million or more.

Choose an Investment Platform and Account 

The foundational step in investing is to choose an investment platform and account type. 

You can go with investment platforms as these provide the best features for user experience. 

The 5 types of mutual fund accounts are Standard brokerage accounts, Retirement accounts, Investment accounts for kids, Education accounts, and ABLE accounts.

Know Different Investment options 

If you have made up your mind to invest, the next step is to choose an investment option for yourself. There are various options in the market and here are some of the best.

  • Mutual Funds – Mutual funds are funds collected from several inventors by a professional fund manager to invest in the same equities, bonds, money market instruments, and other securities.
  • Bonds – It is an instrument used by government and companies to raise money by borrowing from investors.
  • Stock – Stock is the share of ownership in a company. These are bought at the decided share price by the company.
  • Exchange Traded Funds – It is a pooled investment security that holds multiple underlying assets, rather than one and is traded on exchange, like stocks.


Remember that investment is a risky factor, only invest if you can bear the loss. Always research and analyze the market before investing and choose the best platforms for investment like 

Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the 30-70 rule in investment?

 It is a portfolio strategy invented by Bill Bernstein Sheltered Sam. According to this portfolio, 70% of the investment should go to stocks and the remaining 30% should be invested in fixed-income securities, mainly bonds.

What is Warren Buffett’s 90 10 rule?

According to this rule, invest 90% of assets in S&P 500 index funds and the remaining 10%in short-term government bonds.

How long to become a millionaire investing $1,000 a month?

The period to become a millionaire depends on various factors like interest rate, risk factors, etc. But let’s suppose the annual rate of interest is 8%, and you are investing $1000 every month. It will take around 25–26 years to make a million dollars.

What if I invested $1,000 in NVIDIA 10 years ago?

NVIDIA is one of the best stocks to invest in, to become a millionaire right now. If you had invested $1,000 in NVIDIA 10 years ago, you would have made $150k to $160k today.

What are the best mutual funds to invest in 2024?

The best mutual are those that provide a high rate of return. The following are the best mutual funds to invest in 2024.

  • Quant Value Fund. 14.06%
  • Quant Flexi Cap Fund. 13.39%
  • Quant Mid Cap Fund. 12.49%
  • Quant Small Cap Fund. 11.38%
  • Quant Large & Mid Cap Fund. 10.19%
  • Quant Large Cap Fund. 9.95%
  • ITI Mid Cap Fund. 9.49%