Where Is The Data Stored in Cloud Computing?
Updated on April 16, 2021 | by admin
With the increase in popularity, cloud-based applications have enjoyed, recently, a lot of people are now curious about the phenomenon and want to know more about it.
If you also want to learn more about it, then this article is for you. Here you will learn what cloud computing is and how your data is stored.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is simply a network of computers used for storing and transferring people’s data as a service. In a functional cloud storage system, you will find a master control server that joins the client computers with a collection of database storage servers.
In case you don’t know, cloud computing powers most of the popular mobile apps you are now used to. A very good example of cloud computing is your G-mail, Yahoo, and hot-mail. The emails you send and receive daily don’t eat up any space on your mobile devices or computer system. However, they can be accessed at any time and from any device. This is the basic demonstration of how cloud computing works.
Where Is My Data Located?
Although your data may be in various server farms across the world, it is fairly safe to say you will never know where it is unless you carry out in-depth research. The location of your cloud provider does not necessarily mean the location of your data. For example, your provider may be located in the US but their servers may be in China or anywhere else in the world. Some of these cloud providers do not have server farms of their own but outsource them to reduce cost. As a result of this, it is hard to tell exactly where your data is located.
The place where these servers are located is known as “server farm” and they are located in different parts of the world.
If cloud computing is something you are willing to try out for your business, you can check out the package offered by ServerMania.
Who Has Access To My Data?
Knowing that your data is stored on a server somewhere in the world raises the question of who has access to my data? Cloud providers have created and tested a system that ensures that you are the only one that has access to your data. One way these companies ensure that your data is secured is by replicating the data on different servers. Through this, your files are safe at all times.
Advantages Of Cloud Computing
- Cloud computing is becoming the new common and it has numerous advantages over regular computing. One of these advantages is low cost. It is easy for anyone to use a cloud computing service. It is cheap and does not need huge hardware. You are only required to pay for a subscription plan and then you enjoy the features that come with that plan.
- Cloud computing also offers all-round availability. Most cloud providers are truly reliable and have made their services available 24/7. Few of these apps also have offline features.
- Cloud computing also offers adequate security against data loss. In case your computer develops an issue, you can still access your data from elsewhere. You can also remotely wipe out data from the lost device to prevent it from getting into the wrong hands.
- In the event that your business has two workers or more, then collaboration should be your top priority. All things considered, there is no sense in having a team if it can’t function as a team. Cloud computing makes coordinated effort easy. Through it, team members can share and view information easily.
- There are few things that can undermine the success of a business like conflicting reporting and offering poor quality. In a cloud-based framework, all data are kept in a single format and a single place. With all users accessing similar information, you can keep up consistency in information, stay away from a human blunder, and have a well-kept record of all updates and revisions.
Finally, cloud computing relieves you of the stress of regular system maintenance. Here, server suppliers always make plans for regular updates. This way you are sure that your data is always secured with new and safer features.