10 Most Popular Video Games in the US
Updated On September 28, 2023 | by Vedwik
Without a doubt, video games are at the heart of contemporary pastimes around the globe. The United States can’t help but be trendsetting when it comes to new entertainment solutions, but the variety and popularity of video games don’t depend on the locals only. During this golden age of gaming, defining top-notch options is advantageous. On the one hand, it allows tracking the industrial progress and what triggers are still efficient. On the other hand, it is a milestone of standards that are accepted in a target community. Stay tuned to see what video games are admired in the country. Mind the gap!
Also, Read This: How to Stay up to Date with Gaming Trends
Best-Selling Video Games in the United States
The list of solutions will be slightly different from what is popularized nowadays. Although it is not a rule of thumb and there are multiple exceptions, the major part of modern games face difficulties in keeping with the selling tempos of games with a long history in the market. As the following table implies, Nintendo is the most successful publisher in the country.
|Grand Theft Auto V||Rockstar North/Rockstar Games||2013||According to the Steam data, the peak number of regular players reaches one hundred fifty thousand gamers daily with a hit of over two million visitors monthly.|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops||Treyarch/Activision||2010||This game keeps on topping several charts in the USA with over thirty million copies sold around the globe.|
|Mario Kart Wii||Nintendo EAD/Nintendo||2008||In the Mario Kart series, it is one of the best-selling options. Its main competitor is Mario Kart 8. Overall, these Nintendo products are still in demand.|
|Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock||Neversoft/Activision||2007||The first week of release resulted in a revenue of more than one hundred million US dollars in North America.|
|Super Mario Bros. 3||Nintendo R&D4/Nintendo||1990||With more than forty million copies sold around the globe, it is the most in-demand solution in the series. Although there are no chances it will top the best-selling charts in the USA anymore, it will inspire the creation of other games.|
What video games popular in the US are played in other countries? The highly presented games can be obviously listed as valid samples. However, the popularity of this or that option will depend on the target region:
- Alternatively, the rating of top-selling video games in the United Kingdom includes FIFA 22, Call of Duty: Vanguard, and Grand Theft Auto V, ranked third (as of 2021).
- In Australia, Grand Theft Auto 5 sales are leading too. The next places are occupied by Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and its Modern Warfare edition, as well as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
- The situation differs in European countries. For instance, Grand Theft Auto V follows EA Sports FIFA 22, ranked first. Other champions are Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Minecraft.
What are the Most Popular Video Games in the US?
The US gaming market is a unique phenomenon. It combines a passion for traditional games and a desire to try new options. The momentum of the Call of Duty series is lasting: even after winning the frontrunner place in the ranking for over thirteen years in a row, they are still on the go. Here are the nominees that form the top ten most popular video games in the US:
- Call of Duty: Vanguard — you’ll be engulfed in a genuinely compelling and captivating persona-driven storytelling experience that includes warfare. This part of the world-renowned franchise is available in three editions, standard, cross-gen, and ultimate.
- Madden NFL 22 — being compatible with several platforms, this champion is developed by EA Tiburon and Electronic Arts. If you want to dive into the universe of American football, it is the right choice.
- Battlefield 2042 — this chapter of the series will remind you of the original version of legendary epic battles. The appliance of cutting-edge technologies has made it exquisite.
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales — developed by Insomniac Games, is probably the most exciting and attention-grabbing game on the list, with multiple awards.
- Resident Evil: Village — this creation by Camcom will amaze with its extraordinary performance and impress all the lovers of horror games. It may not be the best groundbreaking overall, but it skillfully integrates Resident Evil 4’s core combat aspects into a shooter installment.
- MLB: The Show 21 — the passion of Americans for sports is reflected in their gaming interests as well. The analyzed option will let enthusiasts find out more about baseball. It is a truly spectacular historic option in the market, which fascinates with the divergence of playing modes and skilled movements. The installment in the series has been significantly improved.
- Far Cry 6 — published by Ubisoft, this game welcomes gamblers to join life-risky adventure time on the fictional Caribbean island.
- Minecraft — taking into account its simple rules, the game is popular among kids, but there are several adult players too.
- Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla — the twelfth installment in the franchise doesn’t lag behind other successful versions. This chapter was released in 2020.
- Pokemon: Brilliant Diamond — overall, the video game has turned out to be extremely entertaining for Pokémon aficionados and those interested in learning more about the franchise. It has a few embellishments, but it also has everything you require at practically any instant of playtime.
Online Video Gaming for Americans
Enthusiasts will surely find exclusive playing options at the best online casinos for US players. Law regulations differ from state to state, but virtual gambling will still be accessible for any enthusiasts. The range of the most sought-after games can boast of possessing divergent slot machines, board/card games, and roulettes.
- The popularity of Red Stag is only improving. Established in 2015, its gaming catalog is second to none. Apart from the state-of-the-art graphics, punters are lucky to enjoy its table games and video poker from remarkable providers. Vegas Strip Blackjack, Atlantic City Blackjack, All American Multi-Pay, and Double Joker video poker are worth testing.
- There are numerous casinos that accept players from the US, and Slots of Vegas is on the list. The suggested gambling establishment was established in 2020 and has already become a popular option in the local niche. This Bitcoin casino makes online free and real money gaming a breeze for interested parties, ensuring their transactions will be near-instant and non-reversible. Given Bitcoin’s decentralized nature, users are welcome to make deposits or withdrawals literally 24/7. The Slots of Vegas assortment is represented by RTG software, so the main focus is on more advanced versions of one-armed bandits. Penguin Palooza, Diamond Fiesta, Copy Cat Fortune, Cash Bandits 3, and Fortunate Buddha are the most admired games in the domain.
- Raging Bull opened in 2005 and is another RTG online casino on the list. It is great for customers from the USA, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Slots like Lil Red, Thai Emerald, and Twister Wilds are in demand.
- The best online casino video games are delivered to the US market thanks to the effort of such developers as Booming Games, BetSoft, Amatic, WGS Technology, Nucleus Gaming, and others. Apart from Microgaming, which is mostly known, games from other providers are also worth it.
Wrap It Up
The rating of video games popular in the US is ever-changing. Although there are certain survivors like Call of Duty, the market is ready to accept and adapt to new casino games and experiences. Thanks to the implementation of more frontier technologies, the future of online and video gaming in the country is promising — NFT games, more advantageous VR/AR/MR/XR interfaces, and more multifunctional metaverse solutions.
Next, consider reading: How Do Video Games Provide Effective Learning?