How to Prepare Yourself for IBPS Interview Phase?
Updated on January 18, 2022 | by Alex Smith
To crack IBPS PO in one first attempt, you need to go through a detailed IBPS PO Syllabus to understand each section or subject. Once you know how much you need to prepare, it will become easy for you to prepare an effective timetable. After clearing exams, candidates get nervous when it comes to the interview phase. However, it is not new since we all can understand that.
A Bit About IBPS Interview
IBPS interview is the last stage of the recruitment procedure conducted by the Institute Of Banking Personnel Selection. It will be of 100 marks in which you need to hold at least 40 marks minimum to qualify it. There will be 4-5 members to take interviews of selected candidates. If you wonder how long your interview can go, you may expect it to be 15-20 minutes long. You might have to answer at least 15 questions, including hobbies, temperament, education, culture, current affairs, banking awareness, etc.
Interview Phase – Why is it Important?
The interview round is regarded as important since it projects an accurate judgment regarding a candidate’s potential, capabilities, and other aspects. Recruiters can easily decide based on an interview with who will remain an ideal choice for the concerned post. It would be best if you remained calm and confident. Whatever you speak during your interview phase, it reflects your personality. Therefore, it is said that a candidate needs to be well prepared for this phase. They check your knowledge, interest, willpower, and the way you speak.
Excellent Ways to Prepare for Interview
How should you prepare for the interview? Have you been thinking the same? You are in the right place as we will share some amazing tips to face and crack the interview.
- First, do start your preparation by accumulating complete knowledge regarding personal questions. It is an extensive section covering various aspects, including birth-place, hobbies, graduation, current profile, etc. The more you practice, the more you get comfortable with this section.
- Do not forget to do the practice of mock interviews. There are many websites available online that can truly help you to get good at it. You can practice there to enhance your grab on it.
- To have a strong grab, do create an everyday FAQ, and keep practicing. The more you practice, the more you get good at it, and it will also boost your confidence.
- Work on your knowledge of the bank you are going to interview. It means you should be aware of that bank’s complete history, many branches, current-status, senior officials, and so on. Do collect all needed guidelines associated with banking operations as well as its regulations. You should also prepare for the types of banks, type of bank accounts, the role of RBI, variety of cheques, different accounts, online payment options, oldest bank of India, the tagline of the bank, different types of loans, a bit of money laundering and so on.
- It would be best if you also remain ready to face tricky questions related to calculation and logic. Doing preparation is the only way to get good at them. Do study from various sources so that nothing would be left to cover.
Interviewers will be emphasizing your knowledge regarding banking and current affairs. They also check your leadership ability as well as behavioral traits. Do keep yourself calm while answering questions related to situational awareness. Candidates who qualified for this exam say that a bank officer must have accuracy and efficiency, quick learner, leadership, management, alert and awareness, honesty and integrity, and friendly personality.
Do Not Forget to Keep a Close Eye on the Latest Updates
Apart from being wholly indulged in your written and interview-oriented preparation, it would be best if you also had a close eye on updates regarding this exam, including IBPS PO Admit Card and so on. You can find it on the official site 10-15 days prior. Your interview call letter will have detailed information, including name, address, registration, roll number, category, venue, date, time, and panel. You do not need to get confused since all details will take all your confusion away.
In the End
We hope that these tips will help you truly to get how you need to prepare for the interview phase. We wish you the best of luck with your interview session.